About The Artist Omar Obaid
Creating art started as a hobby for me. I remember at a young age, I drew and painted mostly portraits of family and friends. But, over the years, it faded slowly and I had other things that I got occupied with.
I was usually doodling here and there and I always had an active imagination and felt I needed to express myself and my thoughts. So, I found a pen and paper and began drawing my ideas. It was an ideal getaway from the day-to-day working life, and I started creating an archive of thoughts and visions to work on and enhance.
In 2012, I decided to get few paints and canvas to see how I could translate these drawings into something else. I ended up creating a series of three paintings which I hung in our home afterwards.
I wasn't planning to become a full-time artist. Painting was just something I enjoyed, but my wife encouraged me to start selling my paintings and that was the spark that led me to where I am today.
Since then, I have sold over 800 original artwork to over 50 countries around the world and counting...
When I first started, I had an office job working for The New York Times in London as a Senior Advertising Associate, but as my presence in the art world started to expand, I decided to take the leap and resign from my position with the NYTimes and pursue my career as an artist creating original abstract paintings by expressing myself the best way I can. I have never looked back.
I am extremely grateful that I have been able to live my passion and I can paint every single day in my studio and work on exciting new projects with my clients.
About The Artwork and process:
- The first painting Omar created is still available to view in his studio. He refused to sell it as it means more to him than the value, it is priceless.
- Even though Omar started painting and drawing portraits and figures, he needed a medium and style that he can express his thoughts freely and abstract was just perfect.
- Omar's work is held in private and commercial collections all around the world in over 50 countries including the UK, USA, Australia, UAE and Thailand.
- Sold over 800 original paintings.
- Omar is now one of the UK's fastest growing emerging artists.
Follow Me On Social Media For The Latest Artwork & Offers
Current Exhibitions & Events
Poggenpohl Ultimate Kitchens (Display)
Luxury kitchen manufacturer in Belgravia, London.
Dates: 27th March 2017 – September 2017
Selected Past Exhibitions
New Artist Fair
The Jam Factory (Solo Exhibition)
Cultivate (Guest Artist)
New Artist Fair
Parallax Art Fair